I am continuing to excavate my Xena Stuff archive, though embarrassingly disorganized mess may be a better description. Here are a few photos of the props display that was set up in the Burbank Hilton parking lot during the Herc/Xena Convention there in 1998. For some reason, MCA Universal thought there would be lots of kids at one of these conventions, so there was a castle bounce house. A lot of other items you see in this photo were meant for climbing on or over. I remember walking over there with a friend and immediately feeling like I was too old for the space, until we found the props display. And that's me in the center of the shot, I don't know why, maybe for scale?
The display case was essentially set up in the perfect direction if you were a solar panel. Photos were tough to get clearly; I made several attempts. In this photo you can see a Horde Axe, a Chakram, and a Breast Dagger, with a lovely scalloped-shaped shadow thanks to the awning.
Two swords, Callisto's and Xena's plus a scroll in the center. This photo and two below are all shots of the same display case, just trying to photograph the contents more clearly. I thought the crushed maroon velvet should be rethought: something darker would have had more contrast.
In this photo you can see more of the entire display, plus that's me with the 1997 auction chakram in my hand, for comparison. This was during the time when people constantly asked me to bring that chakram so they could see it, so I almost always had a book bag on my shoulder with that chakram inside. And oh look: I have a waist! How I've missed you!
Here's a group shot of some of the Southern California Xenites I hung out with (a lot!). Sorry for the not so clear photo, I was too lazy to get out the flatbed scanner, so this is an iPhone photo. All I can say here is that this was 23 years ago and we all look fabulous.
No comments:
Post a Comment