Friday, May 19, 2006

Lucy Lawless' "Gauntlets"

Here are the first costume pieces ever offered in an auction (that BGSB that Renee O'Connor gave away at the Oct 1997 San Francisco convention doesn't count). Costumes were impossible to get at because they were still being used in making the show, but that didn't make us lust any less for pieces of one of the more iconic costumes, like Xena's leathers. This is a pair of "gauntlets", actually vambraces that Lucy Lawless wore during the filming of Xena: Warrior Princess. I got them at the requisite charity auction at the annual X:WP convention in southern California. Weirdly, (I think it odd) when fans asked to see the "gauntlets", they always looked them over and then sniffed the interiors..... looking for that "Eau de Lucy" I suppose. Every single person did it. Every one. Leather sniffers.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I beg your pardon. I broke the chain.

I'm no gauntie sniffer!

Chris said...

Perhaps, yes. But I do have a fabulous picture of you with Lucy's Xena breastplate on over "the girls"..... shall I post it? Heh.